ME&F Holdings WLL is a Bahrain-based family investment office for the Al-Kooheji Electricals and Construction Group. Established in 1974, KECC is one of the leading contractors in the electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering sector in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
ME & F Holdings W.L.L operates a family-only fund that invests in financial securities globally. The office has an established presence in other businesses including but not limited to hospitality, residential real estate, medical centers, energy, and fitness & well-being.
We are looking for an analyst to assist our investment decision-making processes by performing research and analysis in various asset classes and industries. The role will provide a steep learning curve in the field of investment management and will provide an opportunity to work closely with the CEO and Investment Analyst.
· Analyze companies’ financial statements, balance sheets, P&L, and cashflow for the portfolio companies and screen potential good investment opportunities
· Monitor the existing portfolio on a day-to-day basis
· Maintain a database of investments including excel monitoring files, term sheets, financial models, and analytical notes
· Update and develop financial models for companies for holistic fundamental analysis
· Perform ad-hoc research on companies, sectors, and industries, and summarize findings in a logical way
· Provide requested data and information to the team and assist them in their investment tasks
· Perform reconciliation of trades with term sheet and ensure proper record keeping of the term sheets
· Reconcile holdings on banks platform vs. our investment platform (software) and lead to smooth migration of excel-based book monitoring to system-based monitoring
· Attend earnings calls of companies and provide a summary of key points to the team
· Liaise with brokers and banks for pricing and coordinate with the CEO to complete the trade
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will evidence:
· knowledge about capital markets and be able to use data to analyze and direct your decisions
· awareness of global markets and have a strong understanding of different asset classes, i.e. equities, fixed income, and derivatives
· exceptional Excel skills with experience using advanced Excel functions, e.g. vlookup, index match, offset
· confidence in researching opportunities and recommendations, and tactfully use your findings to add value to investment suggestions to the CIO
· the ability to write investment recommendations and present analysis to the team, demonstrating excellent command of the English language (verbal/non-verbal)
· a master’s degree in business or finance, or a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years experience in equity research, investment banking, corporate finance, or credit ratings
· progression towards a CFA qualification would be a bonus